Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mayo Apt...THREE YEARS CANCER FREE!

I had my last Mayo Appointment on July 28th and I got the "All Clear" again! It is such an amazing feeling to here those two words together! I am now THREE YEARS CANCER FREE!!! I am no longer having CT Scans, instead we are doing MRI's because Dr. Grothey is concerned about the long term effects of the radiation on my body. This is the second MRI that I have had and they have both been smooth sailing. So, hopefully it will keep up that way! Dr. Grothey also said that since I have been cancer free for three years now, he thinks that it is time to remove my port! That was such great news to hear! It is very bitter sweet...that might sound weird, but my port is the only thing that I have left that has any reminder of my cancer and my chemotherapy. So, this is like getting rid of my last safety net! It is so exciting! Not sure when that is going to take place, but I am hoping in the next month or so! I will keep you posted as I know more! Thanks for all of the continued thoughts and prayers!

No comments: